- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g butter, melted
- 600g soft cheese (full fat)
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 150g of natural yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 3 lemons, (2 zested and 1 juiced)
- 50g plain flour
- Snowflakes and icing sugar
- Heat oven to 120C/100C fan/gas and line a 20cm round springform tin with greaseproof paper. Crush the biscuits in a food bag using a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and mix well. Push the biscuits into an even layer into the base of the cake tin and chill until needed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the soft cheese with the sugar. Next add in the yoghurt then the eggs one at a time. Finally, the lemon zest, lemon juice and flour. Mix in approximately two thirds of the raspberries crushing them very slightly so they start to bleed into the mix then tip the mix on top of the biscuit base and smooth over the top. Bake this for 45 mins then turn off the oven, leave the cake inside for another hour then cool at room temperature. Chill overnight. Once cooled, remove from tin, scatter with remaining raspberries and dust heavily with icing sugar. Add snowflakes for extra fabulous-ness
Bearing in mind that I started at 10pm, it turned out very well! I couldn’t find a springform cake tin, so had to use a regular one with foil around the edges so it looked a little messy. I also forgot to bash the bubbles out, so the texture was a little weird! Even though I didn’t place in the competition, I did have a lot of people track me down to compliment me….there’s hope for me yet!