This is a bit of a different post, as usually I’m singing the praises of a particular food, or restaurant. But this week I wanted to point out a few things that I actually really, really dislike. But I know a lot of people love, and in this way, wish I liked too.
I’m a big fan of jumping on new food trends, and suffer massively from FOMO (fear of missing out).
This is why not loving the below hinders me massively:
- Coffee : I’ve tried it over, and over again. But sadly I’m still not a coffee fan. It’s too bitter and horrible. But there are so many fun flavours and variations, it makes me sad to miss out. Luckily, I do of course like tea though. And chai tea lattes exist.
- Nandos: Ok, maybe I’m not that sad about this. I just don’t get it as a place. The food isn’t great, it isn’t cheap and they don’t even bring you your drinks. Yet they make you tell them what you want. I have serious beef with this chicken franchise.
- Pineapple: Alright yeh I’m allergic. But still it looks really amazing and smells really good. Not for me though.
- Guacamole/avocado: This makes my top lip quiver in disgust. The texture is just too much for me to handle. No thank you.
- Walnuts: I am a little allergic to nuts in general so this might be why. But I like a good peanut. Walnuts are just too… Walnutty. They seem to be in so many things too.
- Pears: Like a weird soft apple. Without that much flavour. Ew.
- Creme Eggs: (A british chocolate egg filled with creamy stuff) I find the whole filling situation very strange. And definitely not enjoyable to eat. Everyone else is sad to say goodbye, but not I. I say good riddance. (Not that I’m dramatic or anything).
I hope I haven’t offended anyone with this random list of things I don’t like. I’d love to hear if anyone else equally hates these too though.
It always pleases me to hear other people share my disdain for things.
Have a lovely, nando free weekend!
P.S. I speak just for me and not for the rest of the team. They might love pears. I cannot confirm or deny this though.