We are all guilty of over-packing, having to sit on our suitcase to close it, and then taking various items of clothing out when it weighs over the 21kg luggage allowance at the airport. I admit, I always pack too much. But with our USA road trip just 9 weeks away, I am already writing my packing lists to make sure I don’t arrive in Washington with 1 month’s worth of stuff for 10 days, and being the beauty obsessor that I am, make-up comes first!
So first up, the base!
- Wild Ferns’ Manuka Honey Antioxidant Facial Serum – my fellow TTT blogger and sister from another mister, Lucy J, brought this back from New Zealand for me, and oh my Ohio, it is a dream. Manuka honey has so many benefits for the skin, and using this every couple of days when travelling works a treat; it leaves your skin feeling and looking rejuvenated.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer – this is my current favourite primer, it makes applying foundation or concealer so easy and it also helps your make-up to last all day and all night; something we all need when on the road.
- L’Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation – I am always having to remind myself that I don’t need to take more than one foundation on my travels, so just pick your favourite. This foundation from L’Oreal has amazing, long-lasting coverage.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer – this concealer not only conceals dark under eye circles like a boss, it also doubles up as a great everyday highlighter. Yes, it’s a little on the pricey side, but it’s 10/10 worth it.
- Nars Translucent Setting Powder – if you suffer with oily skin or find that when you’re on your travels that your make-up is sliding off your face, use this setting powder from Nars. It lasts all day and helps you stay photo-ready for when you’re with those snap happy, insta-obsessed friends we all have!
- Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette – palettes are your best friend when it comes to packing light; it reduces the number of items you pack but lets you have a variety of choices when it comes to deciding what make-up to do each morning. This contour palette is perfect for both day and night!
- Steven Klein for Nars One Shocking Moment Cheek Studio Palette – another palette that is joining me in the US is this amazing one from Nars. It includes 4 blush’s, a bronzer and a little contour duo. I’m taking this one so that I don’t have to take any individual blush’s. I think I took about 7 to New York….I was there for 5 days…
- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector – lately, it’s all about highlighter, and I am in love with this creamy powdery shimmery goodness from Becca. It also doubles up as a great eyeshadow, is so pigmented and has next to no fallout. This comes in 5 colours so there’s one for every skintone!
- Blistex Intensive Moisturiser – I’ve talked about this before because it’s the greatest lip balm ever. Enough said.
- MAC Lip Pencil – I’m planning to take a few colours with me, most likely Whirl, Soar and Ruby Woo, as these are my current favourites.
- MAC Lipstick – I will be taking 3; a nude, a pink, and a red. Trust me when I say, these are the only 3 colours you need, as you have a choice for any occasion.
- MAC Amber Times Nine – I bought this as a Christmas gift for someone…and kept it for myself. Oops. It’s quite a little palette, but it has a great mix of mattes and shimmers, and I love it!
- Makeup Revolution Ultra Brow Palette – if you want your brows “on fleek”, try this palette out. I’ve spent a small fortune on brow products and I have always been disappointed, but this was £8 and works a treat.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – this mascara is so good, you don’t need to take up any space with false lashes, as this does the job for you. Travelling is so tiring, so use this to open up your eyes and make you look bright and beautiful when the jetlag kicks in.
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Eyeliner – if you are short on time and need to quickly switch up your look from day to night, an eyeliner pen is your best friend. Super easy to use and takes you from hiking to dancing in seconds!
What make-up could you not live without on your travels?
Thanks for reading,